Saturday, February 13, 2021

Week 6 Review: Frostblood

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Ruby is a Fireblood who has concealed her powers of heat and flame from the cruel Frostblood ruling class her entire life. But when her mother is killed trying to protect her, and rebel Frostbloods demand her help to overthrow their bloodthirsty king, she agrees to come out of hiding, desperate to have her revenge.

Despite her unpredictable abilities, Ruby trains with the rebels and the infuriating - yet irresistible - Arcus, who seems to think of her as nothing more than a weapon. But before they can take action, Ruby is captured and forced to compete in the king's tournaments that pit Fireblood prisoners against Frostblood champions. Now she has only one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who has taken everything from her - and from the icy young man she has come to love.

My Review:
Oh, this was such a great read! I was sucked in right away, and I just couldn't put this book down! I loved the world, I was invested in these characters, and I just wanted things to get better for them! But this is book 1 in a 3 book series, so things are going to get worse before they get better!

This world of magic, with the Firebloods and the Frostbloods-depending on where you hail from, elemental magic, has been done before. It's the way it was written, and the characters who inhabited this world, that made this book something to read! 

The fear of being discovered was high. And it was so frustrating that these two countries just couldn't find a way to get along. I loved watching Ruby go along on this journey, she doesn't much care about the nitty gritty details of the big picture, but she becomes invested! 

So much goes down in the end! I loved watching it all play out! I really enjoyed Ruby and Arcus's relationship throughout the story, and how that played a part here was really great. And I'm so nervous for the sequels, because it ended on a pretty decent note! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Elly Blake
Series: Frostblood Saga #1
Read: February 7th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: January 10th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!