Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week 5 Reviews: Eleven Minutes, Fracture


Fracture is told from Delaney's perspective, and if you've read the first two chapters, you know that she falls through the ice in chapter one, and she wakes up 6 days later. And what happens in between—well, that's Decker's story.

This is the story of those eleven minutes, and the six days that follow, from his perspective. Because while it must be terrifying to be trapped under the ice, it's a different kind of terror seeing your best friend trapped...

Especially if it's your fault.

From Goodreads:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

My first review of Fracture
My Review:
I read both of these before, but it's been such a long time, plus I really need to read the 2nd book, well, I was really excited to read these again! It's basically like reading them for the first time, I kinda remembered some details, but I had totally forgotten that ending! 

Eleven Minutes gave us a look at Decker's perspective, of what happened while she was under the water. And it was great to be in his head, dealing with the guilt of what had happened. Going through the should'ves and could'ves. 

I remembered that there was something off about Troy, but the details escaped me. Watching them dance around one another, knowing that he was bad news, knowing that Decker was the one she could be happy with...the drama kept me hooked! 

There was also the stuff about the lake, and any supernatural goings on. I had to know what was going on! The mystery and intrigue were there, and it's easy to see why her adult books have done so well, if this was her debut, and it was excellent. I couldn't put them down! 

I loved reading the both of these again, and I can't wait to continue (and finish) the series! 

Author: Megan Miranda
Series: Fracture #0.5, 1 
First Read: February 5th 2012, October 8th-14th, 2011
Read: February 2nd, 2nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books!
Publisher: Bloomsbury, Walker Books for Young Readers
Published: January 2012, January 3rd 2012

Eleven Minutes:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Fracture:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!