Saturday, February 27, 2021

Week 8 Review: Part of Your World

From Goodreads:
What if Ariel had never defeated Ursula? Five years after the (twisted) events of the film, Ariel is now the queen of Atlantica, and Ursula is running Eric's kingdom on land. But when the sea witch threatens Atlantica once more, Ariel finds herself returning to a world (and a prince) she thought she'd left behind forever.

My Review:
I had a great time reading this book! It was a little strange, because The Little Mermaid is one of my most favourite of the Disney fairy tale movies. And to see how things could've been twisted, as well as seeing Ariel a little older, a little wiser, was just strange. But I really enjoyed this book!

The idea that Ariel didn't defeat Ursula, that Ursula has been ruling Eric's kingdom, still with Ariel's voice, with Ariel grown up, and ready to fix the mistakes that she made. I had such a great time reading her story! 

This was a bit of a chonker in the series, clocking in at around 500 pages. But it was 500 pages that just flew by. I had to know what was going to happen next with these characters, what scheme Ursula/Vanessa would come up next. I just had to keep reading! 

That ending though? I love how it compares to the original ending, that was just fantastic to read, and to set things back on track for the happy ending! And with the experience that they've gained, and how much harder they had to work for victory, made it all the more sweeter! 

I had a great time reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Liz Braswell
Series: Twisted Tales #5
Read: February 22nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Disney Press
Published: September 4th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!