Saturday, February 13, 2021

Week 6 Review: Bitterblue

From Goodreads:
Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck's reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle--disguised and alone--to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.

Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart

My first review of Bitterblue
My second review of Bitterblue
My Review:
I of course loved reading this book! I love this world, I love Bitterblue and her story, and this book is just so weird and fantastic! It's such a great story about healing after a trauma, one that is so far-reaching because it was from the head of the kingdom. And I love it!

Bitterblue is in charge of a pretty broken kingdom. Her father was a monster, and with his Grace, he was able to control people, make them do what he wanted. And it seems he just wanted people to hurt. And he tortured and he killed and he made others do it for him, and just left a mess that Bitterblue has to clean up.

But her advisers don't seem to want to show her anything of substance, and she ends up though a series of events exploring her town, seeing it from a new perspective, and I really enjoyed watcher her learn the extent of the damage, to start thinking of ways that she could help heal it.

The whole cast is so fantastic, from Bitterblue and her heart, to Saf and Teddy, they were all such personalities, and I loved watching them interact! Though Hava and Death were some of my favourite characters! 

I loved reading this book again, and I'm so excited for the 4th book in this series! 

Author: Kristin Cashore
Series: Graceling Realm #3
First Read: October 4th, 2012
Second Read: July 16th, 2014
Read: February 12th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: May 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!