Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week 5 Review: My Lady Jane

From Goodreads:
For fans of The Princess Bride comes the comical, fantastical, romantical, (not) entirely true story of Lady Jane Grey.

Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger—and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that's the least of Jane's problems. She's about to become Queen of England. Like that could go wrong.

My first review of My Lady Jane
My Review:
Yeah, this book was just awesome to read again! I just loved the humor, the world, the characters, and how everything wove together so well! I love this author trio, and I'm so excited to read My Contrary Mary, I know it's going to be great!

I love all these characters, Jane, G, Edward, and Gracie. I loved their relationships with one another (some of them were so much fun) and their interactions! Like Jane and G's marriage rules regarding him being a horse, and books! It's just so much fun!

Plus there's all the political stuff going on, because Edward was king, but then he supposedly dies, and leaves Jane as his successor. And all the political machinations to get to that point were only the first quarter of the book! There was so much going on, and it was fantastic to watch it all come together! 

It's been a while since I first read this book. So I'd forgotten that Mary was in this book. So I'm really glad that I read this one again, because I'm really looking forward to My Contrary Mary! And it'll be interesting to see if any of these characters make appearances-or more than that-in My Contrary Mary!

I had such a great time reading this book, and I can't wait to be in this world again with Mary's story! 

Authors: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows
Series: The Lady Janies #1
First Read: July 2nd, 2016
Read: January 30th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Historical Fiction 2021 Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: June 7th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!