Saturday, February 27, 2021

Week 8 Review: City of Lost Souls

From Goodreads:
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon. Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.


Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

My first review of 
City of Lost Souls
My second review of City of Lost Souls
My Review:
I of course had to reread this book again! I've been going through the series, and now I'm almost done-I'm going to skip the Dark Artifices, since I just read that one. I had such a great time reading Clary, Jace and the gang's penultimate full length story! 

This is the book were we spend the most time with Sebastian. And it's really sad, because we know that this is who he is because Valentine experimented on him with Lilith's help. He could've been a regular Shadowhunter, but he was born corrupted, and it sucks! 

This book also has the tragedy of Alec and Magnus's relationship, and watching all that unfold was hard to read, even knowing that it's going to work out in the end. It was still hard to deal with their heartbreak! 

And then there was Maya and Jordan's story going on as well, these books got chunkier and chunkier with each character whose story had to be told. And even with all these pages, with everything that was going on, it's just so easy to fly through these books! 

Loved reading this, and I can't wait to finish out my series reread! 

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5
First Read: August 4th, 2012
Second Read: December 30th, 2013
Read: February 23rd, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Published: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!