Saturday, February 27, 2021

Week 8 Review: In Command

From Goodreads:
Amihanna di Aetes is used to fighting, surviving, and relying on her strength to get through the hard times. She thought the worst was over when she accepted her engagement to Lorne ni Taure, the High King of the Aunare, and claimed her place as the future High Queen.

It should be easy to slide into her new role. How hard can it be living in luxury with your soulmate after growing up alone on the streets?

But the more she learns about the Aunare and their politics, the more she realizes that the true test of her strength is just beginning.

Amihanna di Aetes is in for the battle of her life if she wants the Aunare to accept her.

My Review:
I loved reading this novella! I love this world and these characters, and I loved spending more time here with them! And it was really great to have some downtime, to watch them spend time together when they're not facing a threat (especially since they really have only had the previous book together, since he showed up right at the end of the 1st!)

It was great to explore through Amihanna's eyes, and watch that through Lorne's. I loved watching them bond in the here and now, things that she can remember, vs. their childhoods that she can't. They have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders, High King, and future High Queen, and they need this to be a strong leading couple!

I loved that ending, of Amihanna showing the Aunare what happened on Earth, what SpaceTech did. And there was the appropriate response to that massacre. I felt bad for Lorne, he was young when it happened, and his dad was King and didn't want to do anything. But oh, the guilt!

I'm really excited to see where things go from here. The Aunare are rearing to fix the mistakes they made, and this book is right at the halfway point of the series, so things are going to go wrong! I just want to see SpaceTech taken down!

This was such a great read, and I can't wait for more from this series! 

Author: Aileen Erin
Series: Aunare Chronicles #2.5
Read: February 24th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Ink Monster 
Published: February 23rd 2021 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!