Saturday, February 20, 2021

Week 7 Review: A Court of Silver Flames

From Goodreads:
Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she's struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. Worse, she can't seem to move past the horrors of the war with Hybern and all she lost in it.

The one person who ignites her temper more than any other is Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior whose position in Rhysand and Feyre's Night Court keeps him constantly in Nesta's orbit. But her temper isn't the only thing Cassian ignites. The fire between them is undeniable, and only burns hotter as they are forced into close quarters with each other.

Meanwhile, the treacherous human queens who returned to the Continent during the last war have forged a dangerous new alliance, threatening the fragile peace that has settled over the realms. And the key to halting them might very well rely on Cassian and Nesta facing their haunting pasts.

Against the sweeping backdrop of a world seared by war and plagued with uncertainty, Nesta and Cassian battle monsters from within and without as they search for acceptance-and healing-in each other's arms.

My Review:
I just loved reading this book! I loved seeing Nesta and Cassian find happiness, of Nesta healing from the traumas that she's been through, as well as really getting to know the both of them on a deeper level. I'm just so glad that we got this book, and got more of this incredible world! 

First off, I have to say, it was weird to be in this world, with Feyre and Rhys not being the main characters. I mean, we still saw them, and they were involved with the plot, but it was still weird. This is Sarah J. Maas's first book that follows just one couple (I'm not counting Catwoman, because a) I'm never going to read it and b) it's not a series that it's likely she'll write more books in.) And presumably the rest of the series is going to be the similar, one full length book per couple. But this one was the first. And I'm really glad that it was Nesta and Cassian's story, because we're the most invested in them as a couple thus far.

When I was reading this book, I saw someone mention that they knew what the cover stood for in the plot. And I couldn't figure out what they were talking about, even though I was further along in the book than they were. But I remembered, and yeah, this cover totally plays into the plot of this book, which was really excellent! 

It's weird, because we have been in this world, but we learned so much more that was just hinted at, or at least I, had no clue of that there was even the possibility of some of what was explored in this book. It was just so expansive, and it feels a little weird, given that this series could've ended with ACOWAR or ACOFAS, that we might never have known these things. Like the fact that there used to be a high king. 

The way things wrapped up, I was so surprised, but it also wasn't out of the blue, it was really well set up. And it was a really different ending from the others, though to be fair, this is the first book with almost equal perspective time between two characters. But it came together really well, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! 

There's still the problem of Koschei, as well as Baron. But that seems more like a book for Lucian or maybe Azriel. And I'm really hoping that we're going to get stories from both, and all of them. Because after all these characters have gone through, they all deserve their own happy endings! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #4
Read: February 16th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Published: February 16th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!