Sunday, February 21, 2021

Wheel of TBR #39, February 21st

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I read How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas, To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini, The Promised Queen by Jeffe Kennedy, and I started Strange Lies by Maggie Thrash.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I didn't read any again, so I have The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody, Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay, The Cabin by Natasha Preston, Unchosen by Katharyn Blair, Lore by Alexandra Bracken, Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd, Here So Far Away by Hadley Dyer left.

For the rewards, and I have 0(+1?)/4 needed for the next reward, so I made it to the next reward, so I have 4 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
2020 Purchase, WIARW, A-Z In Title, Representation.

2020 Purchase-Red-Sabriel by Garth Nix-I bought this book in 2020, but I haven't read yet, so I'm glad to add it to the TBR!

WIARW-Red-One Perfect Summer by Brenda Novak-I wanted to read this in 2020 in Week 11, so it works! 

A-Z In Title-Spring Green-I-The Initial Insult by Mindy McGinnis-Both main words in this title start with I, so it works!

Bonus Spin for Red-Representation-Azure-Wings of Ebony by J. Elle-This book has a Black teen as a main character, so that works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 4
Orange: 2
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 3
Green: 1
Spring Green: 2
Cyan: 1
Azure: 5
Blue: 1
Violet: 0
Magneta: 1
Rose: 4
 
Prompts for Next Week:
Continue the Series-Red
DAC Book-Orange
Title-Yellow
Short Book-Chartreuse
ARC To Be Published-Green
Reread-Spring Green
Series Number-Cyan
Sophomore Book-Azure
Even Chapters-Blue
Start the Series-Violet
Year-Magenta
Newly Published-Rose 

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!