Saturday, February 27, 2021

TBR Trail #1, March 2021

When Kim from Expedition Through Pages opened up to have the community get rolls, I had to participate. So I'm going to get 4 rolls for March (and you know I'll participate the next time there's a slot open.)

The rolls I got where:
2021 TBR - Read a Book Set in a Country Different to Your Own

Well, this is easy, because I live in Canada. I could go for Non-North America...

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins-which is set in New York City, Paris, and Barcelona, all of which are cities that are not in Canada, and 2/3rds are not North America. This is a book from my NetGalley 21 Books to Read in 2021. (I was debating using Nil by Lynne Matson, but it was set on a island, so a bit more iffy on fulfilling the prompt.

Free Choice - Listen to an audiobook

Well, this is not easy. I have trouble with audiobooks, for the same reason I have trouble with phone calls, I just have trouble understanding what's being said. (I really love subtitles for when I'm watching things. So I'm going to bend it a little bit to "read a format rarely used" instead.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Katara and the Pirate's Silver by Faith Erin Hicks and Peter Wartman, Illustrated by Adele Matera 

Dark One by Brandon Sanderson, Jackson Lanzing, Collin Kelly, Nathan C. Gooden, Kurt Michael Russell

This is a graphic novel, which I don't read much of. Though I'm trying to read more of it! Switching them out, because I got Dark One as an ARC, so I need to prioritize it! 

STEM - Read a book with green on the cover

I have two choices for this one. One I have to reread the first book, but I want to finish the series. The other, I own, I got an ARC of, and it came out years ago. Oh, and one that has hints of green, so I'm not too sure it counts but is also an ARC that comes out March 2nd.

Strange Skies by Kristi Helvig

or 

Black River Falls by Jeff Hirsch

or 

Dead Space by Kali Wallace

Who knows, maybe I'll read all 3 of them this month! 

Fiction/Free Choice - Read a book with red on the cover

Oh, man, this was so easy! 

Amid the Crowd of Stars by Stephen Leigh

This is a fiction sci fi with a cover that is half red, so it definitely works! 

And I agree, it was really satisfying that all 8 places got a prompt! And I can't wait to read these books on my TBR! What about you guys? Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!