Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week 5 Review: Call of Vultures

From Goodreads:
In this suspenseful and twisted thriller, an ex-con uses her unique skill set to fight for the justice of those who can't defend themselves. Kate Kessler's novels are "impossible to put down" (Hollie Overton).


Killian Delaney has a skewed moral compass, a high threshold for pain, an unstoppable will, and she's just joined the Network: a group of well-funded individuals who help the weakest among us.

Two sisters have gone missing, and Killian has been hired to track them down.

The plan is straightforward: follow the trail, find the girls, and kill whoever stands in her way.

They're living in a commune in upstate New York, one that looks a lot like a cult. And while one sister wants out, the other adamantly refuses.

Breaking them free will push every skill in Killian's arsenal to its limit. But she's determined to get them home.

My Review:
I was really excited to read this book! I love her writing and the first book, and I was really excited to see where this book would go! And it was such a epic story, I loved Killian dealing with bringing home two sisters caught up in a mix of cult and cartel! It was such a great read!

A side plot of this book that wove in here and there, sometimes when I didn't know what it was, was the triangle of relationships between Killian, Shannon, and Megan, now that Shannon knows Killian is her biological mother. And that does cause a fair amount of drama! 

There were so many twists and turns in this book, a lot of characters held secrets, and there were some really surprising reveals, because characters that we or Killian knew changed, and some people were hiding secrets, and it all came together really well, it was just so fast paced and entertaining and Killian was so badass and wonderful! 

That ending, yeah, it was pretty satisfying, expect for one part, which was more sad, and Killian is going to have to deal with that one situation, because it is something she's going to have to deal with, because it was a big thing. 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue this series (because we have to have more!)

Author: Kate Kessler 
Series: Killian Delaney #2 
Read: February 5th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book, WoW Book, and a WTC Book! 
Publisher: Redhook
Published: December 1st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!