Monday, February 1, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #504, February 1st

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #503
Teaser Tuesday #511
WWW Wednesday #511
WOW #507
Will the Time Come #504
Third Sentence Thursday #494
Random Reads #480
First Lines Friday #507
Book Blogger Hop #173
The Reward Challenge Update #489
Wheel of TBR #36
How Well I Stuck to It #341
Wrote that Review Update #338

Week 4 Reviews: 
Chasing Lucky
Fire

Page-a-Thon: 

Among Us Readathon: 

Random:

OK, so I got 42 posts in 7 days, which is better than last week, though I read a little bit less, but I've about read about the same in these past two days as I did in this week! So I'm happy with that! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Call of Vultures, Red Wolf.

In this suspenseful and twisted thriller, an ex-con uses her unique skill set to fight for the justice of those who can't defend themselves. Kate Kessler's novels are "impossible to put down" (Hollie Overton).

Killian Delaney has a skewed moral compass, a high threshold for pain, an unstoppable will, and she's just joined the Network: a group of well-funded individuals who help the weakest among us.

Two sisters have gone missing, and Killian has been hired to track them down.

The plan is straightforward: follow the trail, find the girls, and kill whoever stands in her way.

They're living in a commune in upstate New York, one that looks a lot like a cult. And while one sister wants out, the other adamantly refuses.

Breaking them free will push every skill in Killian's arsenal to its limit. But she's determined to get them home.
This high stakes, pacey reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood is perfect for fans of Stephanie Garber and Megan Spooner.

For as long as sixteen-year-old Adele can remember the village of Oakvale has been surrounding by the dark woods—a forest filled with terrible monsters that light cannot penetrate. Like every person who grows up in Oakvale she has been told to steer clear of the woods unless absolutely necessary.

But unlike her neighbors in Oakvale, Adele has a very good reason for going into the woods. Adele is one of a long line of guardians, women who are able to change into wolves and who are tasked with the job of protecting their village while never letting any of the villagers know of their existence.

But when following her calling means abandoning the person she loves, the future she imagined for herself, and her values she must decide how far she is willing to go to keep her neighbors safe.

8 comments:

  1. Both of the books you plan to read this week sound really good. I hope you enjoy them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read other books by these authors, they're both favourite authors! So I know I'll enjoy them both! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Call of Vultures and Red Wolf both look entertaining reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading Red Wolf right now and I'm really enjoying it! And Call of Vultures, I know I'll love it because I loved the first book and her other books! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, the cover for RED WOLF is so compelling! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so pretty! And I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Call of Vultures sounds good, enjoy!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading it, I loved the first book! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!