Monday, June 25, 2012

Shadow Vision: Review

From Goodreads:
When the last shadow warrior falls, so will all humanity.

A shadow warrior on a mission, Manuel must track down a demon who is sacrificing women marked with hummingbird tattoos. He is in danger of losing his humanity to his eagle spirit until he comes across Ixa Reyes, a beautiful San Diego detective working on the same case, who also bears the mark of the Aztec sun god. She is his salvation and redemption from a past filled with failure. Only she wants nothing to do with him or her heritage. 

When a demon kidnaps her grandfather, the wind god, they must work together to save him and all mankind. Manuel has twenty-four hours to help Ixa control her elemental power over wind—that is if he can control his own desires to claim her body and soul. Because if he should fail this time, the god of war will usher in a new era filled with blood and destruction such as the world has never known. 

My Review:
Fantastic novel! A quick read, a fantastic romance, and plot, it just covers your whole concious, and envelopes your whole being! So amazing! Yeah, can you tell that I enjoyed this book? It was short, but it would've been unwieldy if it'd been longer!

For me, I felt like there were some pretty big comparisons to Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series, with the gods, powers, and the warriors. Which, if you know me, is a great thing, since the Dark-Hunter series is one of my top favourite ones!

The whole mate thing, and that people were killing them, well, yeah, mixed feelings on that. Bad on the killing them, and iffy on the mates. The idea of it, just didn't work out as well as it has in other books, which is too bad.

But Ixa does have her powers, so yeah, while she's been denying them, having the guy that's destroyed her life once and threatening to do it again, come back, well, that's a pretty big incentive to embrace them! And wow, was that a great ending when she did!

I really enjoyed this book, it was perfectly fine to read without reading the first one, and yeah, I really enjoyed it!

Author: Gabrielle Hewit
Series: Shadow Warriors #2
Read: June 24th, 2012
Source: Innovative Online Book Tours Review Copy
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Published: March 20th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!