Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 25 Review: Against the Night

From Goodreads:
She's got the face of an angel and the body of…well, isn't that what he'd expect from an exotic dancer? But there's something about this girl that Johnnie Riggs can't shake. The former army ranger is hot on the trail of an elusive drug lord—and suddenly very hot under the collar, as well. 

Amy's got her own agenda to pursue: her sister is missing and Amy seems to be the only one who cares. She'll enlist Johnnie's help and do her best to ignore her growing attraction to finally get some answers. But when the two trails begin to converge and reveal something even more sinister than they imagined, their mutual desire is the least of their problems. They'll bring the truth to light…or die trying.

My Review:
I haven't read the first 4 books in this series, but the way that this book was written, I didn't need to! I did get the sense that this book was starting the series in a new direction, so whatever it was, this was a really entertaining book!

I loved the alternating POV's, because the both of them are the central characters in this story, and I really enjoyed getting both of their sides! It was just perfect! They both knew things that the needed, and working together, yeah, that was great to read about!

My one complaint, is that when the caught the second big bad guy, it was just anti-climatic, nothing really happened. I was hoping for something big and bad, and then it was like a flop. So felt like that was a wasted opportunity!

But other then that, I really enjoyed how it ended, how the good guys got their happy endings, what those happy endings were. And yeah, it was just a great ending to read! Makes me glad that I was able to read this book!

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, and yeah, really enjoyed the mystery and the romance!

Author: Kat Martin
Series: The Raines of Wind Canyon #5
Read: June 15th-16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley/Library
Reason Why: I enjoy Kat Martin's writing!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: February 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!