Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 24 Review: Pegasus

From Goodreads:
Because of a thousand-year-old alliance between humans and pegasi, Princess Sylviianel is ceremonially bound to Ebon, her own pegasus, on her twelfth birthday. The two species coexist peacefully, despite the language barriers separating them. Humans and pegasi both rely on specially trained Speaker magicians as the only means of real communication. But it's different for Sylvi and Ebon. They can understand each other. They quickly grow close-so close that their bond becomes a threat to the status quo-and possibly to the future safety of their two nations.

My Review:
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, except that it was a pretty hefty book, so it'd give me a good few hours of entertainment. And boy, did it deliver! So great and original, and yeah, just amazing to read! Really enjoyed it!

So the idea of pegasi, and the bounding ceremony and stuff, that's just really cool! I really enjoyed the sound of that, and the way it played out, it was just really great! And yeah, I'm just having a hard time finding the words to describe this book, it was just so marvellous!

A big part of this book, is the politics between humans and the pegasi. And with the connection between Syviianel and Ebon, they're changing things up. And the beginning, it wasn't much, but as they grew older, well, so did the politics, and their understanding of them, and the effect they have on it!

I enjoyed this book so much, there were a few bits were it was a bit wordy, or I didn't understand what was going on, but it was just really great, and with that ending, and everything going on, I really want the next two books!

I enjoyed this so much, and I just really want more!

Author: Robin McKinley
Series: Pegasus #1
Read: June 12th-13th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I saw it on the shelves, and it sounded good!
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: October 25th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!