Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 24 Review: Dueling Princes

From Goodreads:
Dating Britain's royal Prince Freddie has made Year Eleven at St. Augustine's the best one so far for Calypso Kelly. Together with best friends Star and Georgina, and new chums Portia and Indie, LA-born Calypso at last seems to have everything she's dreamed of or does she? With the national fencing trials coming up, balancing school, friendships, and a royal romance is a lot harder than she imagined. Something will have to give, but what--or whom--will it be? Picking up where "Stealing Princes" left off, this funny, fast-paced third book chronicling the life and times of Calypso Kelly will not disappoint.

My Review:
This was a really awesome book! Things are picking up, and while these books are pretty short, they are very entertaining! Oh, the situations that Calypso gets into! And now that the animosity between Calypso and Portia and Indie is over, well, yeah, now to move onto other conflicts!

So the title is pretty obvious, if you've read a book in this series. Fencing is taking a bigger and bigger chunk of the story, and yeah, that's great to read, that Calypso is growing up, though she's still getting into some pretty bizarre and hilarious situations!

These books are really quick, they just speed right on by! And as someone that loves reading as much as I do, I like variety! So yeah, that was really great! And with the humour in these books, well, I can't help but fall in love with them!

This is the 3rd book in the series, and Calypso is in grade 11. So yeah, she's growing up, and things are getting more difficult. So I think that she deals with these things pretty well, and considering what she gets into, yeah.

Really great book, can't wait to read the last one!

Author: Tyne O'Connel
Series: The Calypso Chronicles #3
Read: June 12th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I enjoyed the first 2 books.
Published: Bloomsbury Publishing PCL
Published: November 29th 2005
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!