Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 25 Review: The Queen's Lady

From Goodreads:
England, 1584.

When beautiful Lady Jane Rievaulx begins her service to the Queen at Richmond Palace, she is thrilled to see the court's newest arrival . . . Master James Lacey.

No matter that Jane was previously courted by the eldest Lacey brother—James is the one who has won her heart. For his part, James cannot deny his fascination with Jane; his plans, however, do not allow for love. He is about to set sail on a treacherous journey to the Americas, seeking absolution for what he sees as past sins. But when Jane is forced into a terrible situation by her own family, only one man can save her. Will Master James return to his lady before it's too late?

My Review:
So I didn't know that this was the 2nd book in the series when I started reading this book. And this book was a pretty good stand alone book, but knowing that the previous book, and the next book, star the other Lacey brothers, well, yeah, I'm going to have to read them!

The problem is, that writing this review now, over 2 1/2 years later, is that I don't remember it. I know I read it because of Goodreads, but the synopsis didn't bring anything back. Which really sucks, but just means that I'll have to reread it after reading the first book!

I really enjoyed these characters, and the fact of the series, well, means that there's time to be with these characters some more in the other books! Which is just more incentive to read them, because yeah, I enjoyed these characters!

I wish that we could've seen her parent's reaction to her going to America after him! Because man, I think they kinda would've been outraged over that! And from what they made her do, well, they deserve that emotion! Go, Jane, for doing that!

Really enjoyed this book, even if I don't remember it, and yeah, I really need to read the other books, too!

Author: Eve Edwards
Series: The Lacey Chronicles #2
Read: June 18th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Published: April 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!