Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week 26 Review: Underworld

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn't dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it's for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they've come back as Furies, intent on vengeance... on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there... and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there'll be no escape.

My Review:
Oh, I just loved reading this book! I was waiting for it, Meg Cabot's next YA novel, the sequel to the amazing-ness that was Abandon! And this book just picked up where Abandon left off, and just kept going! So great to read!

And when I mean picked up where Abandon left off, I mean, like, less then 12 hours have passed since that ending! So we didn't miss anything, and yeah, then we got this story, and all the things that we learned, it was really great!

Like there were things about John's past, which was really great, because a past makes up a person, just as much as the potential for a future does! And we learn more about the new characters that are John's companions and friends! That was really great!

So much happens in this book, and yeah, a lot of it is developments that I know will effect Awaken, which just means that I want Awaken all the more! This book was just so good, every word was just epic to read!

Loved this, want more, want more, want more! It was over too quickly!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Abandon #2
Read: June 23rd, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love Meg Cabot's writing and must read all of it, it's a LLFL book and a WoW book!
Publisher: Point
Published: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!