Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 24 Review: Creating Fate

From Goodreads:
She gave away her heart…
Giving her heart to a mortal wasn't something the First Fate planned. Losing him nearly shattered her soul. Upon his death, Clotho swore never to love—or weave life—again. Hoping she'll change her mind before it's too late, Zeus commands the spinner of life to take a much needed vacation from her immortal responsibilities.

He had to hide his...
Dane is close to cracking the drug ring he's spent the last two years infiltrating, but needs to perform one last heist to meet the head man and prevent an impending war. An undercover agent, he's now on the run from drug lords, thieves and with the very woman whose tears make him forget his purpose.

Together they'll find a way back from the dark.
Chloe will have to put her trust in the man she believes may have killed her fiance, or face an eternity on Earth. Without the desire for life, hope could slip through the cracks of time if he doesn't love away her sorrow.

My Review:
This was a fantastic novella! I enjoyed it a lot, it was great and interesting, and it is a novella, so it's shorter then a full length novel, the way it was written, that works. If things were expanded, and sub-plots were added, it could be a full length novel, but that's an if that didn't come. Oh, well!

I've read a few books about the Greek Fates. Mostly they're side characters, and yeah, I think this is the first time that at least one of them (and I think one per book) is the start of the story. So yeah, that was really great to read about, really original and awesome!

I really enjoyed reading about these characters, Clotho/Chloe was just awesome to read about, seeing her past and everything! And then Dane, and who he is, and what he's been working on! And bringing them together causes some problems-and it was awesome to read about them!

Great how it ended, because yeah, that's what they wanted, they were happy together, and yeah, just a great ending that makes me want to know what's going to happen next in this world, because I know it'll be entertaining!

This was a great book, I'm glad I was able to read it, and I hope to read the others!

Author: Rachel Firasek
Series: Unspun #1
Read: June 10th, 2012
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Sounded like a fantastic read, and it was a really great novella!
Expected Publication: July 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading Creating Fate! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me read it! And heck, yeah did I enjoy it! Now to write the review, because man, am I horrible at that part of the whole read and review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!