Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 22 Review: I Am J

From Goodreads:
J always felt different. He was certain that eventually everyone would understand who he really was; a boy mistakenly born as a girl. Yet as he grew up, his body began to betray him; eventually J stopped praying to wake up a "real boy" and started covering up his body, keeping himself invisible - from his family, from his friends...from the world. But after being deserted by the best friend he thought would always be by his side, J decides that he's done hiding - it's time to be who he really is. And this time he is determined not to give up, no matter the cost. 

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It was entertaining, and it was good, and it was a great story to read! I enjoyed it a lot, and I'll think fondly of it later, when I remember it! It was short and sweet, and a great, interesting idea!

So J is a boy, but in a girl's body. Which sucks for him, because most people, their sexual identity is the same as their body, and people don't like what isn't like them. So J has a hard time with other people, but with himself, too.

J was real. He had his problems and struggles, and while most of them on the surface seem different from the rest of us, deeper, they are similar, trying to find out who you are, and all that soul searching identity stuff.

This was a really great book, I enjoyed it, though I'm not sure if they were dating in that end or not. But really great to read!

Author: Cris Beam
Read: May 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: March 1th 2011
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!